DNA Data Storage Could Last Thousands Of Years
Scientists create a ‘synthetic fossil’ containing data written in DNA and capable of being preserved for thousands of years.
– Radical breakthrough stores digital pictures in DNA for first time – and could revolutionise computer storage (dailymail.co.uk)
– homes.cs.washington.edu (PDF)
– Genetic Data Storage: 700TB In One Gram Of DNA
– How To Preserve Fleeting Digital Information With DNA For Future Generations
– Immortality Freaks: DNA Preservation
– Synthetic Biology â Inventing the Future
– Genetics News
– Genetics Books
A bioengineer and geneticist at Harvard’s Wyss Institute have successfully stored 5.5 petabytes of data around 700 terabytes in a single gram of DNA, smashing the previous DNA data density record by a thousand times.