Turning Human Waste Into Plastic, Nutrients Could Aid Long – Distance Space Travel
Getting to Mars is on our minds back here on Earth, and when it comes to space travel, recycling is a space traveler’s best friend – pee included! Today we’re looking at a brilliant new potential use for pee in space, and URINE for a surprise, it flows a bit farther than drinking water!
– The Key to Getting to Mars Could Be in Recycling Astronaut Pee Into Food Supplements (ScienceAlert)
– Turning human waste into plastic, nutrients could aid long-distance space travel (American Chemical Society)
– Future Space Technologies
– Space Exploration Books
– The Future of Mars Exploration
– The Future of Food
– How Your Pee Could Help Billions Of People
– Cranfield Nano Membrane Toilet
– Vegan Menu On Mars
– NASA Is Funding A Project On Making 3-D Food Printer Prototype
– âSpaceBreadâ Rises In 5 Seconds Without Yeast
– Robotic Gardeners & the Future of Food in Deep Space
– Rotary Hydroponic Gardening System For Indoors
Imagine youâre on your way to Mars, and you lose a crucial tool during a spacewalk. Not to worry, youâll simply re-enter your spacecraft and use some microorganisms to convert your urine and exhaled carbon dioxide (CO2) into chemicals to make a new one. Thatâs one of the ultimate goals of scientists who are developing ways to make long space trips feasible.