LightSail 2 Deployment Tests
The Planetary Society introduces LightSail 2, a solar sailing CubeSat that uses the pressure of sunlight for propulsion. LightSail 2 is the successor to LightSail 1, which completed a successful test flight last year. The new spacecraft will launch with Georgia Tech’s Prox-1 satellite aboard a SpaceX Falcon Heavy rocket. This video showcases recent LightSail 2 sail deployment tests at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo.
Read more: sail.planetary.org & dailymail.co.uk
– LightSail: A Revolutionary Solar Sailing Spacecraft
– Global Warming Solar Sails
– The Biggest Solar Sail Will Be Launched By NASA In 2014
– In-Space Demonstration Of A Mission-Capable Solar Sail
– Future Space Technologies