IBM Scientists Achieve Storage Memory Breakthrough
For the first time, scientists at IBM Research have demonstrated reliably storing 3 bits of data per cell and retaining the information at elevated temperatures using a relatively new memory technology, known as phase-change memory (PCM).
This research breakthrough advances the development of a faster and more durable memory technology for applications including mobile phones, the Internet of Things and enterprise cloud data storage.
Source: & ibm.com
Read more: PR Newswire
– The Future of Computers
– The Future of the Internet of Things
– Eternal 5D Optical Data Storage: High Density Data Storage For All-Time
– DNA Data Storage Could Last Thousands Of Years
– How To Preserve Fleeting Digital Information With DNA For Future Generations
– Genetic Data Storage: 700TB In One Gram Of DNA
– Computer Memory That Can Store About One Terabyte Of Data On A Device The Size Of A Postage Stamp