3D Printing with Moon Regolith
Could astronauts one day be printing rather than building a base on the Moon? In 2013 ESA, working with industrial partners, proved that 3D printing using lunar material was feasible in principle. Since then, work continues to investigate the technique. The shielding against radiation provided by a 3D-printed block of simulated lunar regolith was measured, providing important inputs for next-stage designs… Soon the Agency is due to investigate another lunar 3D printing method, harnessing concentrated sunlight to melt regolith rather than using a binding liquid.
– 3D Printer Delivered to Space Station Launching New Era of Space Manufacturing (singularityhub.com)
– ESA Will Build A Lunar Base Using A 3D Printer
– NASA Is Building Robots To 3D-Print Infrastructure On Mars
– 3D Printing In Space. NASAâs On It.
– 3D Laser Printing System Will Make Engine Components For NASAâs Space Launch System
– 3D Printing News
– 3D Printers for Sale
– The Future of Moon Exploration
– Mars in the Future
– Space Future + Books