Curiosity Rover: Mars ‘is 2% Water’
The team behind Nasa’s Mars Science Laboratory, better known as the Curiosity Rover, have announced that Mars‘ soil contains as much as two pints of water per cubic foot of soil. The water is locked into the Martian surface and is inaccessible under normal conditions, but was released when the rover heated soil samples in its on-board oven.
– Race to Mars (Documentary Video)
– Mars Rising (Documentary Video)
– Pale Blue Dot: A Vision of the Human Future in Space by Carl Sagan (Book)
– Mission to Mars: My Vision for Space Exploration by Buzz Aldrin, Leonard David (Book)
– Mankind Beyond Earth: The History, Science, and Future of Human Space Exploration by Claude A. Piantadosi (Book)
– The Visioneers: How a Group of Elite Scientists Pursued Space Colonies, Nanotechnologies, and a Limitless Future by W. Patrick McCray (Book)